Whilst this wasn’t the traditional Summer Mixer kickstart to the year we had planned due to sneaky COViD-19 restrictions interfering, ‘The Resilience Toolkit’ was a great way to welcome members into the new year.
Facilitated by speaker and counsellor Lisa Bondarenko, Spence Club members were treated to an online workshop where we were able to catch up and learn some valuable tips to navigate in, out and through the COVID-19 fatigue both personally and professionally.
Unapologetic about addressing mental and emotional health as key contributors in the context of health and wellbeing, Lisa spoke about all things courage, coping and consistency.
Some key takeaways were:
- Watch what you are taking in – limit social media, news and publications you are digesting daily
- Look after your TRIFECTA: mental, emotional, and physical health equally
- Move your body to shift stress and negativity
- Find your tribe to debrief and unpack how you’re feeling
- Being resilient is also about being real; know your limit and limitations
- Make plans, book ahead, have things to look forward to even your annual leave and next holiday
- Take up a new hobby/interest something that you have always wanted to do but never done
- Engage in random acts of kindness – pursue looking outwards and away from yourself
- Create space in your life for FUN
- Quit unhealthy habits
- Dream again